Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Status report - Day 7

7 days ago, the challenge has started, and now I'm here to write a post about my progress so far. I can say that I am doing well, but let me share my experiences in a bit more detailed form.





6 entire pages of notes, 193 words in my Quizlet set, a lot of PDFs saved to my computer, two textbooks from a bookstore and a Babbel subscription: that's the main result of the last week. 

Actually, I advance really quickly so far, and I feel that my English and German knowledge helps me a lot. Norwegian has a lot in common with both of these languages, and that makes it relatively easy. On the other hand, I still suffer with pronunciation, but I know that it takes some time, and of course it is much more difficult without a teacher. So, I started to listen to some songs in Norwegian (thanks, Apple Music!), and I watch the lyrics in the meanwhile to get an idea of the pronunciation of some words.

Grammar is not really difficult yet. For an English native, it can be a bit confusing as the articles go to the end of the words, but for a native Hungarian it is not a really new thing, so I take it relatively easy.

I have subscribed for Babbel. I have already learned some German and Italian on this platform, and because of the audio and the grammar exercises I think that it's really useful for a beginner, and it costs almost nothing compared to a teacher. I will write a detailed post about this later. 

So, until now, I am really enjoing this, and I really hope that my motivation level won't fall down soon. :) 

Ha det! 

No comments:

Post a Comment